Dealing with the IRS is never much fun, but you can make it a bit easier by setting up an IRS Account at irs.gov. An IRS Account will allow you to quickly access the following information and features:
- See any balance due by year
- View your payment history, including estimated tax payments, over the last five years
- Get the amounts of your 2020 and 2021 stimulus payments
- Monitor and unenroll from advance child tax credit payments
- Make tax payments
- Request an installment agreement
- Retrieve your adjusted gross income from your most recent tax return
- Approve POA requests and tax authorization for your tax professional
- See copies of certain IRS notices
- Access your tax records via Get Transcript
- Monitor your tax account for suspicious activity
To begin the set-up process, go to https://irs.gov and click on View Your Account. The process generally takes about 10 or 15 minutes. In addition to personal information (such as name, email address, date of birth, Social Security Number, filing status, and current address), you will need to verify your identity using a financial account such as a credit card, auto loan, mortgage, or student loan account.
Click below to access detailed instructions.